Introducing L’Oréal Paris Infallible Nail Polish. A sleekly designed two-step process that delivers on-trend shades, hard as nails toughness and magnifying shine. A stunning, show-stopping hybrid gel-lacquer result, which defies a UV manicure.
This nail polish definitely gives gel manicures a run for its money. I adore gel and shellac manicures. My nails always look polished with high gloss and high impact colour. Unfortunately though, Gel manicures can be quite hefty on the pocket and to be honest, they don’t always last as long as I would like and when they do last, I often get bored of the colour and want to change it up. At R300 a pop, I just can’t justify doing a manicure every two weeks at the salon.
I am pleased to announce that I have found an excellent product that has openly challenged a gel manicure with claims of 12 day wear. Some of my past gel manicures haven’t even lasted that long. Of course the amount of housework and water I subject my hands to have an impact but I can safely say that after 18 months of non-stop gel manicured every two weeks, on average my manicure would last between 8 – 10 days. 12 if I’m lucky.
I was sauntering along checking out all the makeup goodies in Dischem when I came across a polish stand that caught my eye.
Firstly, I was intrigued and attracted to a nail varnish that kind of looked like a double ended lipstick/lip gloss. Always keeping an eye out for new makeup trends I immediately went to have a look. It turns out I stumbled upon a little piece of beauty blogger heaven. I am not sure how long this has been on the shelves for in SA but I have a sneaky suspicion that it wont be long before other beauty bloggers catch wind of this awesome find.
I don’t consider myself an expert or even talented in the nail department so it was really hard for me to quit the spa manicures in favor of spending the money elsewhere and to be honest I just started running out of time to go to the salon so I reluctantly started doing home style nails about 3-4 months back. I battle with the shakes and my right hand never looks as good as my left hand and more often than not I am redoing my nails a few times. Well my first application of the L’Oreal Infallible nail polish was different. I am impatient and want my nails to dry quickly so I was super impressed with the speed this nail varnish dries. Its incredible.
I only had to redo one or two nails because my OCD tendencies wouldn’t let me settle for my first nail art attempt but other than that, the L’Oreal Infallible Nail Polish has surpassed all expectations and may just become my staple nail polish going forward. So many beautiful colours to choose from. I want them all!!!!!! Mani Monday’s are never going to be the same for me. I chose to choose a colour that will suit my coloring till Winter ends and the beginning of Spring comes. I love the Forever Mink in the photographs. This will match my nude lips so well.
To be fair to this review I chose to apply a base coat of a well-known respected nail brand to give the manicure its best chance of surviving 12 days. I only applied one coat of the first step (the colour mesh) and found that the brush strokes needed were minimal, the colour applied easily and a second coat of colour was not needed. I was blown away with how quickly the first coat dried. Seriously in less than a minute I was able to apply the second step (the curing crystallizing top coat).
A UNIQUE TWO-STEP SYSTEM
High-intensity, super-fine pigments deliver an outstanding opaque colour. Containing a new generation of resin, Flex-ResinTM, hailed for its second to none flexibility and adhesive properties. Slicked across the nail it creates an indestructible supple mesh that moves with the nails to resist chipping.
Smart magnifying agents crystallise the mesh, effectively curing the colour to a rock-solid surface. The gel formula contains crystal polymers that rise to the polish surface amplifying colour, magnifying shine and plumping nail volume.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The nail varnish packaging is too awesome for words. A fresh sleek design that I haven’t really seen elsewhere. The sleek lipstick like holder has two bottles on either side with step 1 and step 2 clearly marked.
- The actual nail varnish lids have 1 and 2 clearly marked on them as well in case you misplace your center piece
- I like that the bottles are small as many of my varnishes dry out before being able to use them up completely
- Each bottle has two silver balls inside to help keep the consistency of the nail varnish smooth and to prevent the nail polish from separating
- Step 1 and Step 2 dry extremely quickly so you need to work quickly but I was blown away with how little of the product I needed to achieve a “double coat” look with just one coat of the colour mesh
- The second step, the crystallizing polymer can almost be applied immediately
- The second step gives the colour a high gloss shine that makes it look like gel while smoothing out the nail bed and dries as a rock solid surface
- The range of colours are incredible and on trend. I can’t wait to have all the colours
- The first step produces outstanding opaque colour and due to the flexibility and adhesive properties, the supple mesh moves with the nails resisting chipping
- The second step has crystallizing agents that cures the colour to form a rock solid surface that amplifies the colour, magnifies the shine and plumps up the nail volume
- The two-step L’Oréal Paris Infallible Nail Polish system retails at around R99 at Dischem stores
Check back here in 12 Days to find out if this truly is a 12 day wear and is as infallible as it promises. My gut feeling is that this will do very well.
Till Next Time