The holy grail of all body conditioners and treating dry, easily irritated skin is coming to SA Dischem Shelves this August. I am a little sad that this product did not come to SA shores in time for Winter because lets face it, even the strongest and fittest of us all aren’t immune to the harsh climate change and the irritating side effects cold weather has on our skin.
Personally I suffer from dry patches in the winter and I find most soaps and body washes are very harsh on my skin leaving me with that uncomfortable tight and scratching feeling.
As many of us do, I love treating myself to long bubble baths in the Winter but battle to find bubble bath additives that don’t irritate and dry out my skin even further. The Xémose soothing cleansing oil from Uriage has answered so many of my prayers.
- This Oil comes in a large 400ml bottle with an easy to use pump mechanism and a convenient pump clip to stop it from spilling when travelling
- You can use the Xémose soothing cleansing oil on your face and your body
- If you suffer from dry – very dry skin, this is an amazing product that you can use and you won’t need additional moisturizers
- You can use the oil as an additive to your bath
- You can use the Xémose oil as a replacement for soaps and other body conditioners as this cleanses as well as moisturizes
- This oil can be used to treat *Atopy prone skin
- You can use the Xémose oil in the shower or bath
- When using in the shower, the oil foams up into a lovely creamy gentle foam when using with a sponge
- The Xémose oil is completely fragrance free, hypoallergenic and completely preservative fee
- You can find the Xémose oil in various Dischems from Mid August
- One bottle will easily last you 3-4 months
- Not only does it treat dry skin, the Xémose oil is a long term solution that can actually treat your skin and repair your epidermis layer
- This product is suitable for all skin types and can even be used on babies
- When using the oil, rinse and dry gently without rubbing the skin
- The Xémose oil has a unique gel-oil texture that leaves a protective film on the skin
- Easily rinsed off, the oil does not leave your skin feeling oily, in fact it leaves your skin feeling smooth, hydrated and supple
- An added bonus is that the Xémose oil protects our skin from the effects of hard water which is especially prevalent in Cities
- With ingredients such as Shea Butter and Glycerin, this oil is an effective gentle cleanser for an all over skin treatment
- Soothes and relieves sensations of itching, tightness and discomfort
*Atopic dermatitis is very common. It occurs equally in males and females and affects an estimated 9 to 30 percent of people. People who live in cities and in dry climates appear more likely to develop this condition.The term ‘atopy’ was first coined in medicine in 1923 by two allergists, Coca and Cook.
Common things that can irritate our skin include certain fabrics, sops, detergents, perfumes, dust, sand, smoke and air pollutants. All these irritants can cause skin atopy either in a mild form and for some, a very sever cases of atopy can develop. We need to look after our skin and especially our epidermis which is the top layer of our skin that “acts as the body’s major barrier against an inhospitable environment by preventing pathogens from entering, making the skin a natural barrier to infection. It also regulates the amount of water released from the body”. The Xémose cleansing oil is designed to repair your skin rather than just treat the symptoms temporarily.
The Uriage Xémose Cleansing Oil is one of those products that once you try it, you will genuinely not want to use anything else. It really is worth the extra cost and you need very little to create an effective cleansing foam. I personally am in love with this product and although this was gifted to me at our Bloggers Who Bless Christmas in July spoils, I know that I will continue to use and will be buying the product going forward. I love the scent of the product, it is a fresh almost seaside scent and my skin genuinely feels amazing after using it.
Till Next Time
Keep your skin smooth and supple